|4.09 District Land Uses.pdf
ZONING COMPLIANCE PERMITS ARE REQUIRED FOR THESE ACTIVITIES
(Please contact the Zoning Office at 231.652.6763 for details)
- Construction of buildings over 200 sq. ft. in size (Residential/Commercial). Over 400 sq. ft. in Agricultural.
- Placing a structure over 64 sq. ft., or over three feet in height within the front or side setback areas of a parcel.
- Constructing building additions, decks, porches, gazebos. Moving, demolishing, or altering existing buildings.
- Splitting land or moving parcel boundaries, constructing private roads, or removing topsoil from a site.
- Clearing land in excess of one acre, or within 30 feet of a roadway, or within 500 feet of a public waterbody.
- Operating a Private Kennel (up to 10 animals). Commercial Kennels (up to 40 animals) require a county permit.
- Temporary camping for more than one tent or RV, or for more than four nights per 30 days.
- Commercial communications towers, satellite dishes, or antennas over 35 feet high. Over 75 feet for personal use.
- Temporary Uses: Manufactured homes, mobile offices, Christmas tree lots, fireworks sales and special events.
- Installation of Wind Energy Systems (WES), wind farms and WES testing facilities.
- Installation of certain signs and billboards. Installation of Outdoor Heating Units (Wood Stoves).
- Special Land Uses that are not otherwise permitted in a particular Zoning District.